6 – the Questioner
you chose CY – your Enneagram type is SIX (aka “The Loyalist”).
“I am affectionate and skeptical”
Questioners are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.
How to Get Along with Me
• Be direct and clear.
• Listen to me carefully.
• Don’t judge me for my anxiety.
• Work things through with me.
• Reassure me that everything is OK between us.
• Laugh and make jokes with me.
• Gently push me toward new experiences.
• Try not to overreact to my overreacting.
What I Like About Being a SIX
• being committed and faithful to family and friends
• being responsible and hardworking
• being compassionate toward others
• having intellect and wit
• being a nonconformist
• confronting danger bravely
• being direct and assertive
What’s Hard About Being a SIX
• the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
• procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
• fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
• exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
• wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
• being too critical of myself when I haven’t lived up to my expectations
SIXes as Children Often
• are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn
• are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger
• form a team of “us against them” with a best friend or parent
• look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel
• are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent
SIXes as Parents
• are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty
• are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence
• worry more than most that their children will get hurt
• sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries
I find it to be pretty accurate. I do overreact sometimes, but not as badly as others that I know. I do laugh things off a lot and MOST things I do not take too seriously. If you are clear about what is serious and what is joking with me, which I try to do with others, then we are usually on the same page. I am loyal, but I expect people to be loyal to me.
But it also explains why some people don’t get along with me. It reaffirms that I should not stress out so much over these people. It is not that it is anyones fault, it is just that we weren’t meant to be together or get along. We aren’t compatible, that’s all. Work with me and communicate and we will get along just fine. Judge me and give up on me and abandon me and we are not meant to get along.